Capitol Commission’s mission is to reach the Capitol community for Christ, one person at a time, to disciple them, and to prepare them for a lifetime of ministry, wherever God chooses to place them.
Capitol Commission is committed to making disciples of Jesus Christ in the Capitol communities of the world as well as following the Biblical mandate of praying for our elected officials nationwide.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God, profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential through faith in Christ alone.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, the third person of the holy Trinity, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled and empowered to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Endorsements From Ministry Partners
“Scripture tells us to pray for our leaders and those in authority over us. In fact, the Apostle Paul goes even further to say that our prayers should be evangelistic because God our Savior desires all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth. If we are responsible to pray for the salvation and sanctification of our leaders, it follows that we should be engaged in every effort possible to impact them for the gospel. Capitol Commission does just that by placing trained men of God in the state capitols to be effective evangelists and edifiers. We at Grace Community Church wholeheartedly endorse this effort.“
“In our world, bringing the transforming influence of the gospel into the halls of power is no small thing. Especially in a political environment where chaos, rivalry and tactics of revenge hamper officials to do their work of bringing peace, safety and security to their citizens. Ultimately, the only way to bring effective change is by changing the lives of our leaders and supporting the officials that lead in the ways of Jesus. Thankfully the ministry of Capitol Commission is busy about changing our political climate, one life at a time! I’m a raving fan!”
“I’m excited to commend to you Capitol Commission…a ministry seeking to reach a very particular and important people group-politicians. It is a ministry that is mobilizing people and churches to share the gospel and disciple new believers so that we might have people in positions of influence who will make a Godly impact for our nation…..a ministry that is very vital to the welfare and health of our nation. They hold in their hands the future of our children and our grandchildren. This is a ministry that I believe in, a ministry that I support.”