Capitol Commission’s mission is to reach the Capitol community for Christ, one person at a time, to disciple them, and to prepare them for a lifetime of ministry, wherever God chooses to place them.
Capitol Commission is committed to making disciples of Jesus Christ in the Capitol communities of the world as well as following the Biblical mandate of praying for our elected officials nationwide.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God, profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential through faith in Christ alone.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, the third person of the holy Trinity, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled and empowered to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.